Jurassic Coast Discovery Weekend
Explore this stunning World Heritage area over 3 days of relaxed swimming, fun and fossil hunting in a small group
Would you like to
- Explore the beautiful World Heritage coastline
- Have a boutique outdoor experience
- Go on a 3 days of adventure
- Meet new people or enjoy a private group experience
- Increase your fitness
- Go fossil hunting
- Cruise on the beautiful 15m boat, Channel Queen
- Discover the scenic Jurassic coast seaside towns
- Small group experience (max 12 swimmers / guests)
- High level of qualified and experienced skippers / safety crew looking after you (Read about the Head Skipper here)
- Spend time with the Queen of the English Channel, Chloë McCardel, and ask her any question you like!
If so, this adventure is certainly for YOU!
Jurassic Discovery Weekend, 2023
June 30 – July 2 or enquire about your own Private Group Booking on a different weekend
- Durdle Door
- Lulworth Cove
- Chapmans Pool
- Bat's Head
- Dancing Ledge
- White Nothe
- Worbarrow Bay
- Mupe Bay
- Old Harry Rock's
- Boutique small group experience, maximum 12 swimmers
- For beginner to experienced open water swimmers 1.5km pace per hour or quicker
- 3 or 4 x 30min swims per day offered, stay on the boat, socialise, eat, nap or watch the stunning coastline cruise by between your swims, all swims optional
- Meet the boat at Poole Harbour everyday. Exact timings depend on weather
- Boat time of 6 - 8hrs per day including transit to / from Poole, time swimming and lunch on shore, at Swanage, on day 2 or 3
- Day 1 – Meet 1pm (afternoon & sunset swims)
2 – Meet between 7 – 10am (weather dependent)
3 – Meet 7am and return by 2pm
- Because we have the luxury of 3 days we can adjust the swim locations we choose each day to accommodate the weather / conditions
- Expected water temperature 16 -17C for June / July and 18 - 20C for Aug
- Your choice of swim wear / equipment. Wetsuits, flippers, swim tows or other items optional
- Full use of kitchen whilst on board. Tea making facilities, hob, oven, fridge, freezer, toaster and microwave provided. Tea, coffee, water, biscuits and fruit provided
- We supply large (15.5m long) mother boat ‘Channel Queen’, Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB), two skippers and a crew person experienced in open water swimmer safety
- All ‘Jurassic Discovery’ swimmers are eligible for a 50% discount to attend 3 day swim camp in early June in Dorset, 2023 (details available upon request)
- Minimum fitness to be able to be a swimmer on this trip is the ability to swim 1.5km in one hour in calm sea conditions. Guests who are only doing short dips of 5 - 10min at a time only need to be able to comfortably swim 200m in calm open water conditions.
- Official swim t-shirt included
June 30 – July 2 2022
Jurassic Discovery Weekend Per Person £497
3x nights FREE accommodation on Channel Queen. For the first 6 swimmers / guests to request this. Accommodation is twin share. Only 3 accommodation spots left.
50% off 2023 Training Camp (SAVE £248.50)
Don’t Pay £497 JUST £248.50
First Payment 50% (£248.50) is due immediately to secure your booking and 50% (£248.50) is due 6 weeks before your weekend (May 19, 2023). 10% discount if paid upfront, JUST £447.30. All payments are non-refundable or transferable.
Please Note: Unless you secure the ‘Bonus Free Accommodation’ then accommodation is not included, transit to / from Poole Harbour not included, any food / drink besides tea / coffee / fruit and water whilst you are on the boat is not included, any insurances or other personal items you may wish to bring is not included. Persons from 14 years and until the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Because we have the luxury of 3 days we can adjust the swim locations we choose each day to accommodate the weather / conditions. We will not cancel or reschedule the weekend unless storms or stronger winds are forecast. In this scenario we will credit your weekend to a following weekend in your booked year or the following year.